Sunday 21 October 2012

About Looking : John Berger - Research / Quotes

During the summer break, I did get round to reading what I could get my hands on from my local library. The only theorist in my reach was John Berger, someone who I have meaning to look into for a while. The extracts below are from his book ' About Looking' applying a westernised theoretical approach to art, photography and why we perceive an image the way we do. This is  particularly interesting to myself and also my dissertation.

Focussing on the visual aesthetic and D.I.Y culture of hardcore punk music, I want to utilise my existing knowledge with theorists that can be applied to my writing. Berger being one of those.

-
THE SUIT AND THE PHOTOGRAPH





-
RALPH FASANELLA AND THE CITY


No comments:

Post a Comment